Black Market Heroes PVE Server

69.162.111.234:19710


You are not connected. Please login or register

Alpha 10 Idea 2!

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:39 am

Me and Spiral got an awesome idea for the next server : We should remove the claimblock recipe in game, and make the claim in air drop something really rare.
Since as for now there is a ridiculously high amount of claim on the server ( seriously like 3-4 thousands).

We could have mod run in store game to trade high amount of item for  claim block or make special event to get claim block ( survive 40 zombie get a claim , 80 zombie 2 claim , find the hidden chest in city and get a claim, pvp arena winner get a claim etc)

Let us know what you think  we want the detail figured out before A-10 hit us!

View user profile

2 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:34 am

Tink


Admin
What about adding munition crates into that too. Make it not craft able and only be given out as a reward/bartered. Makes it more desirable to trade for.

View user profile

3 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Tink


Admin
I was just talking to Lotus, what about using auger, chainsaw, and nail gun (if there isn't a maintenance manual for it) for trade instead of craft able.

This can help build relationship with players.

View user profile

4 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:53 pm

I dont know what others do, but i have been on the server less than 2 weeks and have over 40 claim blocks and i didn't craft any of them.

Munition boxes: i personally believe this and certain other craftable items should depend of how the rules will be set up on the new server. I know its been said there are over 5 big cities on the current server but i have only been able to find the 0,0 one. And with most of those building being claimed, fixed, and blocked of by players if limits some of the scavenging (not that i mind players claiming them, as its pat of the game) but when some of those buildings are blocked off it does have an effect on what can be scavenged. I dont know if it is possible as i am not a programmer, but maybe there is a way o it can be done to limit the # of certain items i player can have/place, like munitions boxes, gun safes or whatever.

View user profile

5 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:11 pm

No, Auger , chainsaw, nail gun and munition box are part of the game. If the dev let them be in the game I don't see why we should remove it.

I think we should let the player play the game as it is intended and if there is too much abusing we can always removed them later on.

View user profile

6 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:39 pm

Tink


Admin
I'm not saying to remove it in general. They are not naturally craft able items. You normally have to find them in random buildings and boxes. Just thought it will help players get that survival feel back and to not get it so easily through custom recipe.. Ive had a few players mention to me how they feel the loss of the survival feel to the game because everything is easily obtained and accomplished.

View user profile

7 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:15 pm

Ok, I felt this topic could use some serious thought hence the huge post. I would like for certain item to be more difficult to obtain, but still within reach for more casual players. With things like the munitions box; they should be hard to obtain so people do not abuse the privilege. However, maybe just adjusting the mats could fix that I'm not sure. The auger/chainsaw/nailgun again while it would be perfectly acceptable to keep them craftable. making them difficult to craft would be in everyone's best interest. It gives players something to work towards. It also allows the first bit of time anyone spends in game to be an exciting experience. Obtaining things too easily (in my opinion only) degrades the whole experience.

Here is my pros/cons list of LCB's.

Cons of LCB control:
New player may lose/use first claim unwisely and be left unprotected.

Players that prefer to build large buildings will not be adequately protected.

May cause additional distress for people believing mods have too much authority.

Pros of LCB control:
Less random claims every where.

People will plan buildings more carefully and choose locations more carefully

Less people claiming insane amounts of areas "just because they can"

Possibly of bringing more player interaction via purchases/contests for the entire server.

For the LCB's I'm feel mostly on the fence about it being highly controlled. However, I feel there could be a happy medium. Such as a store to trade for claims, but if possible increase the drop percentage in crates (is there an option for that?). All of the above items could have the mat requirements increased by A LOT and then offered as incentives/prizes for those who are struggling to obtain the items.

I would suggest that if LCB's become a controlled commodity that there be a dedicated forum thread for people to leave notice for mods/admins. "Hey, I'd like to purchase x amount of claims. Let me know when someone will be available." Just in case there isn't someone online with access to the LCB's when needed.

Finally, I really like the idea of incentives and giving players more to do. Since when people get too bored that's when there will be more asshatery. Lastly, I'm sorry for the complete rant above.

View user profile

8 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:37 pm

I do agree that the power tool need to be harder to create ( maybe include tungsten in them). The munition box is not a problem at all I actually don't see why people complain about it. It might give you a rocket launcher , big whoop , part of the game. If the player that possess a rocket launcher start acting like an idiot mod can always take it back.

As for claim block , I've seen a server with a mod installed making the claim built out of "air". And if you loose your you could type in the chat : /requestclaimblock and the server would run an automatic command to give you a new claim, it couls only be used twice by player tho.

All your idea are good and your concerned are well founded but we can only speculate on the powertool not being craftable as the game will get a massive update soon and might make them avaiable. It might even remove the munition box who knows.

We need to wait until alpha 10 to remove or modify recipe, but we can take decision right now about the claim block.

View user profile

9 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:31 pm

Some thoughts on LotusAngel83's post:
LotusAngel83 wrote:New player may lose/use first claim unwisely and be left unprotected.
LotusAngel83 wrote:Players that prefer to build large buildings will not be adequately protected.
This is a zombie survival game.

LotusAngel83 wrote:May cause additional distress for people believing mods have too much authority.
The mods and ops are meant to have authority. There should never be any confusion in this as they are essentially the enforcers on the server.

Now on to the Ammo Crate:
I feel you should not be able to craft it. I also feel the safes should not be craft-able, nor the auger, chainsaw, and the nail gun. Here is my reasons

First off these are manufactured item in real life. Keeping with some sense of real life logic the items shouldn't be craft-able. Also this allows for longer play time. I noticed after two weeks there is no reason to keep playing once you have a fortified base, and self sufficient. Making it slightly harder will allow for more play time.

The LCB should also be restricted completely except for drops, and limited with events as the LCB is meant to be rare. If you want a large base then you better be playing more, and hunting those drops down. I just picked up 5 drops when I hopped on the server. I got 4 LCB's. Its not hard. In my opinion its REALLY easy to get them.

Also with the other storage containers with them craft-able, and really easy to craft you can pretty much turn this into a kids game by just getting tons of weapons and such and making it way to easy. The whole point of the game is for struggle and strife. Not so much its near impossible(rust), but that is the key value of this game. People love struggling, as long as its for entertainment.

Also I suggest turning off insta-craft. That is just a bad idea all around. Also I say block durability should be increased. Really, two-three whacks with a pick to break a boulder. Really?

24 hour cycle also should be lengthened overall, maybe 1 - 2 hrs?

Summary






ItemSuggestion
LCB, Ammo Crates, Safes, Auger,
Chainsaw, Nail-gun, and other
manufactured items
Not Craft-able
Craft Timerincreased
Block DurabilityIncreased
24 hour CycleIncreased

View user profile

10 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:21 pm

Arrow I think IF we do keep munitions crates, the recipe should be made much harder. It is way too easy. I don't like the idea of having them in the first place because there are so many in a random gen map due to all of the prefabs. If things are harder to get, people play longer because they don't have everything all in 1 day. This makes people venture out and discover the map more. I understand that this is a PvE server, but go enjoy it. Take a road trip out to 30,000, 30,000. It is fun!

Arrow Second, I am going to agree with Phreak about increasing the craft timer. I think that in general, insta craft is a terrible idea. If duping is against the rules, we should make it harder for people to do it. Too many ways to dup and cheat if it is instacraft. It also makes the game play go by to fast. If there is some kind of craft timer, this forces people to take their time a little bit, once again taking longer for people to get bored of the server.

Arrow LCB, should not be craftable. Valid statement made as to the fact that they are in air drops. If we aren't able to make them then there would be less random LCB everywhere all over the map.

Arrow ALSO, going to second the motion for a longer 24 hour cycle. Not by much but some. Makes it better for people that want to explore the map more.

Question With all of that being said, we won't know that Alpha 10 has to offer us until it is actually here.


View user profile http://www.jenniereed.scentsy.us

11 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:24 pm

Ok, maybe I should clear up a few of my statements.

First, you're right Phreak that mods should have full authority. No one should be able to back talk or weasel their way through things. Presenting an opposing argument in a polite debate format would be fine if anyone feels a mod did not make the right decision. Still there really should never have to be a debate, since they are spending their time trying to make the game fun for everyone else. I suppose I should have put power instead. There could be issues where people don't feel like everyone has the same chances (I don't feel that way, but it does happen).

Second, yes 7DTD is a survival game. However, this server is a pve with an emphasis on building. No one wants to spend hundreds of hours to get their stuff broken because they couldn't find/afford the claim blocks. Sure make it hard for them to get, but keep it possible even for casual players that don't have hours of grind time.

Also, while I love the instacraft timer myself. I fully agree taking it out would be a good way to combat duping and stuff like that.

Finally, there will be a lot to debate after 10 drops yet much to think about beforehand. I feel like the mods/admin should decide on the play base that you want on this server. If you want hardcore dedicated players, then increasing difficulties and imposing more rules will do that. It will also a lot of casual players we see currently will quit or find another server. Some people won't care either way, but others won't be able to keep up. It's all a matter of what type of game experience you all want to offer.

View user profile

12 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:58 pm

First off Lotus. I love your responses. Very well thought out and have valid points. Very Happy

My Rebuttal:
LotusAngel83 wrote:First, you're right Phreak that mods should have full authority. No one should be able to back talk or weasel their way through things. Presenting an opposing argument in a polite debate format would be fine if anyone feels a mod did not make the right decision. Still there really should never have to be a debate, since they are spending their time trying to make the game fun for everyone else. I suppose I should have put power instead. There could be issues where people don't feel like everyone has the same chances (I don't feel that way, but it does happen).
I agree but in game is not the place. Take it to the forum and present evidence of such. I used to run my own servers, and I limited the mods to a small amount, but never the less they are the enforcers of the admin.

LotusAngel83 wrote:Second, yes 7DTD is a survival game. However, this server is a pve with an emphasis on building. No one wants to spend hundreds of hours to get their stuff broken because they couldn't find/afford the claim blocks. Sure make it hard for them to get, but keep it possible even for casual players that don't have hours of grind time.
Your right. It is a PvE server. Not a build server. With that being craft-able even made harder you will still have people after a short period of time claiming everything in sight.

LotusAngel83 wrote:Also, while I love the instacraft timer myself. I fully agree taking it out would be a good way to combat duping and stuff like that.
Its a fun thing to have but it also speeds up game play, and since this is a PvE server it kind of puts the zeds at a disadvantage.

LotusAngel83 wrote:Finally, there will be a lot to debate after 10 drops yet much to think about beforehand. I feel like the mods/admin should decide on the play base that you want on this server. If you want hardcore dedicated players, then increasing difficulties and imposing more rules will do that. It will also a lot of casual players we see currently will quit or find another server. Some people won't care either way, but others won't be able to keep up. It's all a matter of what type of game experience you all want to offer.
I am not saying lets make it insanely hard.

Reduce the craft-ability of over powered things like Safes and ammo boxes that people can make fifteen of and then craft tons of weapons and ammo from.
Have a craft timer. Use the default setting.
Increase block durability so there's an actual point to gathering resources.
Increase the time of day which will make it easier for players to have more daylight.

I am not saying lets turn feral zeds on and decrease player damage. I am saying tweak it to bring out those survival qualities in the game. Right now its pretty nerf'ed. Even for a casual server. However this is only my opinion rather then something that should be set in stone. Just a few ideas from my dirty little mind.
Very Happy

View user profile

13 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:30 am

I will need to disagree with pretty much all of you, instacraft is what make this server so popular.
There is literally 1000 server with craft timer and only a handful with instacraft. Player like it , it help them make beautiful structure and let's keep in mind some player
only play in their free time which is sometime limited to really short period of time.

As for the munition box it seems I am the only one wanting to keep them in game. I don't know if it would be possible to put and insanely long loot time on it instead of removing them?

I do agree power tool could be removed from the recipe table, but it would be really bad for player that join the server 500 days after the reset since all the car would be long looted. They would be forever stuck with crappy tool.

Longer day cycle ? I don't really care since it would change nothing to the way I play the game.

As Stated previously we still need to wait for A-10 to drop before taking those decision.

View user profile

14 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:56 am

Prototype6 wrote:I will need to disagree with pretty much all of you, instacraft is what make this server so popular.
There is literally 1000 server with craft timer and only a handful with instacraft. Player like it , it help them make beautiful structure and let's keep in mind some player only play in their free time which is sometime limited to really short period of time.
I understand your point, but in the same sense you might as well make this a crafting server versus a pve server with that point.

Prototype6 wrote:As for the munition box it seems I am the only one wanting to keep them in game. I don't know if it would be possible to put and insanely long loot time on it instead of removing them?
I still do not think they should be craft-able. Thats my opinion you would need some pretty heavy tools to make them. They are OP if you make a ton then its game breaking. Thats the only issue I see with those items once you can make them they are game breaking.

Prototype6 wrote:I do agree power tool could be removed from the recipe table, but it would be really bad for player that join the server 500 days after the reset since all the car would be long looted. They would be forever stuck with crappy tool.
Understandable but should someone who came in at day 500 and is on 505 be up and going just like someone who came in on day 200?

Prototype6 wrote:Longer day cycle ? I don't really care since it would change nothing to the way I play the game.
Of course. Just my observation.

Prototype6 wrote:As Stated previously we still need to wait for A-10 to drop before taking those decision.
Ohh of course. Never know the options and changes they have until it is out. I am excited as fuck though.

View user profile

15 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:00 am

Dude I am so excited to play a-10, I just can't wait. It will be a long ass week

View user profile

16 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:28 am

Prototype6 wrote:Dude I am so excited to play a-10, I just can't wait. It will be a long ass week
Dude me and you both. I honestly am excited.

View user profile

17 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:31 am

Me too! Me too! bounce Question though... will the server be down for a bit while decisions are made among the admin, or will it be up as soon as possible?

View user profile

18 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:24 am

I also noticed the fifteen is not a hard commit. That day is an if everything goes as expected date

View user profile

19 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:21 pm

LotusAngel83 wrote:Me too! Me too! bounce Question though... will the server be down for a bit while decisions are made among the admin, or will it be up as soon as possible?

Server will be down for at least a few hours when A10 is released, it usually takes at least an hour for the server host to roll out the update to clients, and the rest of the time will be spent by me making sure all config changes and settings are in place. You all seem to have a good idea of what you want as far as changes to settings are concerned, but maybe I should start a new thread with a list of what's been decided so far so everyone is clear on what will be changing.

All of you, the players, make the decisions. Not me. That being said, I like the ideas that have been discussed here so far. I quit playing on my own server about 2 months ago because of the demand for "easy settings" and recipes that break the balance of the game, but at the time most people seemed to enjoy it so I let it be. I'm hoping this time around with A10 that most will agree on what's been proposed here and make the game more of a challenge again.

View user profile

20 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:29 am

Spiral-Out wrote:make the game more of a challenge again.

Easy is okay for a creative server but I switch back and forth to a PvP because the game was way to easy and it is more fun to find stuff rather then to be able to make everything.

View user profile http://www.jenniereed.scentsy.us

21 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:10 am

Tink


Admin
I agree. Easy is okay, but not too easy. XD Still a great server to be in because it has all of you in it. XD xoxo

View user profile

22 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:20 am

Awwwwwwww soo much feels.

View user profile

23 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:37 am

8====D ++++

View user profile http://www.jenniereed.scentsy.us

24 Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:41 am

8========D ~~~~~~~~ (ô)

View user profile

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum