Black Market Heroes PVE Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Black Market Heroes PVE Server

69.162.111.234:19710

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alpha 10 Idea 2!

+6
GhostNoJake
Prototype6
Tink
Spiral-Out
Phreak Nation
LotusAngel83
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Alpha 10 Idea 2! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:08 am

Mistress Cherise

Mistress Cherise
Admin

clown

http://www.jenniereed.scentsy.us

27Alpha 10 Idea 2! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:00 pm

majestar

I mite suggest just doing away with claim blocks, the server is designed to e pve, so players shouldn't be (purposely) damaging each others dwellings. Make it banable offense ( If assuming mods have the ability to look and see who caused the major damage) not sure how it would work but my understanding is that claim blocks just prevent other players from damaging and messing with your property, not zombie damage.

28Alpha 10 Idea 2! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:14 pm

majestar

I personally don't think many of the items make much difference, like munitions boxes, is the best example i can use. Maybe 3 weeks into the game i have 9 of the crafted. I purchase a sniper rifle from another player, it took 2 weeks harvesting the 9 munition boxes a minimum of 3 imes a day ( i have no life) to get the pieces from the magnum and the smg. but most of the time i would get a stack of 10 bullets fo various types (no bill deal bullets are very easy to craft), i do have stored like 100 rockets which are useless without a rocket launcher.

chainsaw, augurs, and what ever the new items are going to be, are also not such a big deal. I crafted a chainsaw and an augur easy enough if you mine enough metal. I think these are kept balanced by the need for gasoline. You cant scavenge it for the most part after the first week. making gas is fairly easy but time consuming. You have to find corn or seeds, plant corn over and over ill you have enough seeds to spare corn for grain alcohol, whic a stack of 15 takes like 37 minutes to craft, it's not exactly a fast process.

just my 2 cents

29Alpha 10 Idea 2! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:39 pm

thomas c

IMO making power tools craftable makes the game way too easy. Also, it doesn't make logical sense. In a post apocalyptic setting, with the collapse of power and infrastructure, just how the heck can every survivor have the skills, materials, tools and power needed to create a power tool from raw or scavenged materials?
It makes much more sense to find them as loot.
I know you can find them in cars. isn't there another loot container that can drop them?

I can easily see players striking out on long road trips in random gen maps trying to spawn new areas with unexplored POIs in the hopes of finding a rare power tool and gas.

Speaking of gas. While I am just as guilty as any of taking advantage of the way to easy to make gas cans with reinforced metal siding and corn meal, I feel that recipe is too easy to make.
once you get a decent corn crop going you can churn out hundreds of gas cans easily.
the grain alcohol method is more logical. once lootable sources of gas are gone, bio-fuel is the only option and that is time consuming and labor intensive.
just perhaps tweaking the output a bit might be in order (a dozen or thereabouts bottles of grain alcohol to produce enough gas for a minutes use of an auger? seems a bit lopsided).

Regarding LCBs.
I have played on a number of servers where they are not craftable and people seem to have no problem . While most of the time I stuck with a base that one block could protect, just by chasing down the occasional airdrop I seem to recall gathering a dozen or so extra LCBs.

I think a main motivation for crafting them is impatience, not being willing to drop everything and chase down air drops until you gather enough blocks for what you plan to do.

Seems to me making LCBs craftable leads to issues like abandoned (but still claimed) bases, large swathes of land claimed to keep it out of the hands of others, sections of POIs claimed to keep others out, etc.

If LCBs were rarer, then they would pretty much just be used to protect player homes.

Basically if you want to build fast, big, now...play a creative game:)
Don't forget this is taking place after the total collapse of society and its infrastructure and things take more time now.

30Alpha 10 Idea 2! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:41 pm

Mistress Cherise

Mistress Cherise
Admin

Well said Thomas. I agree with all of it and it was the point I was trying to make.

31Alpha 10 Idea 2! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:07 pm

majestar

i agree with thomas mostly also, personaly i dont muuch use the auger or chainsaw (to lazy to make gas) and i agree (basically how i interpreted it) characters can do alot of things in the game that people probably have no knowledge of in real life....that being said....Chainsaw for example would not be very hard to come by, all it would take is 1 home depot or tracker supply to not be totally destroyed and there would be dozens. The same could be said for guns and ammo...just in stores nevermind homes....Realistic is not the point in my opinion. I would think (once again in my opinion) a game like this for multiplayer, alot of the emphisis should be (and what i have seen on your server it is) on teamwork and cooperation.

longer days would make for longer expeditions into the unknown, but...
it also makes for much longer nights, and would take away some of the urgency feeling of not being caught out in the dark miles from home with no shelter.

power tools like the chainsaw...takes 4 hits from a chainsaw to take down a tree, it takes 6 or 7 from a fire axe...so it saves you maybe 3 seconds which you spend making gas...i am not grasping the impact having or not having them will make.

Munition boxes and safes...make it very easy to replace weapons. munition crates can give a rocket luancher (which must be very rare as i have 9 munition boxes and no rocket luancher) but i did get my smg from them. I purchased my sniper rifle from proto ( i think) fo 6 iron ignots (not a bad price for all the pieces(so i could make molds) an 1 extra ignot for delivery. with the exception of rockets luancher ammo (which i have never had or used) ammo is extremely easy to make, the 10 rounds you get from a box doesnt amount to much after the first week of play.

Basically my point is, i think alot of things are being over analysed
If you want the game more challenging dont craft or make the items you feel make it to easy.

one of the things i really liked about this server was the fact that alot fo the things were caftable.

Now mind you none of this was directed at anyones post specifically and i do have a suggestion that i havent seen while reading through them...
I don't know if its feasible or not
but has there been consideration into just making the recipes themselves rarer...limiting the amount of books that seem to flood every server.
I know Phreak is doing alot fo the recipe work and i do not know what his knowledge base is, also if 10 comes out today or tomorrow it would be to late to try it but if its delayed or maybe for future thought...
Woulit be possible to say take the recipe for an item (say munition box) put it into its own book and make the book only dropable in a supply crates, maybe even a specific type of supply crate and/or make it a low percentage chance to be inside the crate.

Landclaim blocks like Cherise i am on the fence...On the original server i have 45 of those plus the 3 i have used (with only maybe 3 weeks on the server,granted i play 6-12 hours a day), all from supply crates, and even on the test server ( i am what? 3 days in) i have 2 in the ground to cover my buildings and 2 or 3 in a chest from supply crates,and i believe i have only bothered to chase down 2 or 3 supply crates.

32Alpha 10 Idea 2! - Page 2 Empty non craftibility of claim blocks Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:45 am

agnar_burnsall

to be honest the non craftibility of the the claim block is a stupid idea. especially when you waren't even using the largest claim block size. it was better when people could build un restricted not having to worry about hackers blowing portions of their work to bits because they couldn't protect all of their project.
>
the non craftibility of claim blocks just limits what people will be able to make or obtain.,, if the idea is to create a more social environment than why was i forced to build out in the boonies because i wanted to build in a city.

33Alpha 10 Idea 2! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:05 am

Mistress Cherise

Mistress Cherise
Admin

agnar_burnsall wrote:to be honest the non craftibility of the the claim block is a stupid idea. especially when you waren't even using the largest claim block size. it was better when people could build un restricted not having to worry about hackers blowing portions of their work to bits because they couldn't protect all of their project.
>
the non craftibility of claim blocks just limits what people will be able to make or obtain.,, if the idea is to create a more social environment than why was i forced to build out in the boonies because i wanted to build in a city.

Just because they aren't craftable, doesn't mean you can't obtain more. They drop in airdrops as well, not to mention that a claim block is infinity up and down.

34Alpha 10 Idea 2! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:28 am

agnar_burnsall

Mistress Cherise wrote:
agnar_burnsall wrote:to be honest the non craftibility of the the claim block is a stupid idea. especially when you waren't even using the largest claim block size. it was better when people could build un restricted not having to worry about hackers blowing portions of their work to bits because they couldn't protect all of their project.
>

Just because they aren't craftable, doesn't mean you can't obtain more. They drop in airdrops as well, not to mention that a claim block is infinity up and down.
>
airdrops that don't occur that often and have a large amount of competition for. and how much can you really do with a 25x25 area other than a simple house, tower , or mineshaft.
>
i mean from the center of the claim that means where the claim block shows up you can only go 12 squares in any direction in a 25x25 if you are serious about the whole no crafting claim blocks you should at least upgrade them to 40x40

35Alpha 10 Idea 2! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alpha 10 Idea 2! Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:03 am

Mistress Cherise

Mistress Cherise
Admin

then maybe you should word it in a constructive way, like maybe a suggestion. Also, they are still working the bugs out of A10 and there is supposed to be a patch sometime next week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum